Schengen visa application
A Schengen visa is issued for the purpose of the planned stay in the territory of the Member States, where the length does not exceed 90 days in any 180-day period or for the purpose of transit through international transit areas of Member States' airports. A Schengen visa may be granted to a third-country national who is subject to a visa requirement when crossing the external borders of the Member States.
The Schengen visa application may be submitted at:
- The diplomatic mission or consular office of the Slovak Republic abroad
- At the border crossing point of the SR*
(*only for humanitarian reasons, if the foreigner proves that his/her entry is urgent and that he/she could not anticipate it in time or it is in the interest of the Slovak Republic; or if the foreigner is a family member of an EEA citizen and this fact is credibly proven).
Granting of visa at the border crossing point
The police authority may grant a Schengen visa at the border crossing point for humanitarian reasons if the foreigner proves that his/her entry is urgent and that he/she could not anticipate it in time or it is in the interest of the Slovak Republic or due to the applicant's return to his country of origin or residence or transit through other states.
A Schengen visa issued at the external border entitles the holder to stay for a maximum of 15 days. In the case of transit, the length of authorized stay corresponds to the time needed for the purposes of transit.
Granting of visa at the Embassy of the Slovak Republic
An Embassy of the Slovak Republic abroad shall decide about the visa application within 15 calendar days from the date of its acceptance. There is no legal claim on granting a visa. A visa does not automatically justify its holder to enter the territory of the Slovak Republic (it is necessary to demonstrate particulars necessary for compliance with the conditions of entry to the border control upon entry into the territory of the Slovak Republic, and the valid SR visa is only one of the conditions for entry).
Submit the following with the Schengen visa application:
- Valid travel document
- Colour photo 3 x 3.5 cm showing current appearance
- Document proving the purpose of residence
- Financial means for the stay
- Financial means for travelling (e.g. a return ticket, or a reservation)
- Proof of health insurance
- Other documents (provision of accommodation, an invitation) not older than 90 days necessary for deciding on the application for granting of visa
- seasonal workers also submit a written promise from the employer or an employment contract and employment permit
- Other documents according to the requirements of the ESR/GC SR
- Upon request, the foreigner shall come in preson for an interview
Last Modify: 8. 12. 2021, 10:53
|Documents for download|
|Žiadosť o udelenie schengenského víza RU (33,8 kB)|
|Solicitud de visado Schengen (34,3 kB)|
|Demande de visa Schengen (32,1 kB)|
|Application for Schengen Visa (33,8 kB)|
|Antrag auf Erteilung eines Schengen-Visums (32,6 kB)|